FREE CONSULTATION

"A Proven Winner"!

David W. Starnes Attorney At Law Logo
HAVE A QUESTION? Call Us Now!
(409) 835-9900

Auto Accident Lawyer in Beaumont

Auto Accident Lawyer in Beaumont

If you or someone you know has been in a car accident in Beaumont, it’s important to contact a qualified auto accident lawyer straight away. Not only will you be suffering the confusion and pain of the accident itself, but you’ll immediately have to deal with the legal and financial problems that come with it. Getting an auto accident lawyer on your side is the only way to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your financial security.

Don’t wait another minute. Contact David W. Starnes Attorney At Law, Beaumont’s top auto accident lawyer, immediately after an accident.

What Are the Auto Accident Laws in Texas?

Laws for motor vehicle accidents are governed at the state level. That means you’ll need to get a grasp of how it works in Texas. As with all areas of law, getting professional legal advice is the only way to properly navigate the complicated terrain of auto accident law. But to help you out, we’ve put together a few basic ideas that will put you on the right track:

  • • Auto insurance requirements
  • • Statute of limitations for filing a claim
  • • At fault rules

At Fault and Comparative Fault in Texas

What is the meaning of at fault and comparative fault? It’s pretty simple. Basically, when you get into an accident the auto insurance companies of each driver need to agree on who is at fault for the accident. If one driver is entirely at fault, then their insurance provider will be forced to cover the personal injury and property damage of the other.

If both drivers are found to be at fault for an accident, a percentage of comparative fault will be created. This percentage determines how much each insurance company will have to pay for the other driver. It’s not uncommon to find accidents in which one driver is 30% at fault and the other is 70%.

Determining who is at fault usually requires legal counsel. It requires collecting evidence and organizing it into a case. Fault must be argued until a consensus is reached. Having a solid legal defense is often the only way to get the compensation you deserve.

Auto Insurance Requirements in Texas

In Texas, all drivers must have a minimum amount of insurance coverage. These minimums are:

  • • $30,000 per person for bodily injury
  • • $60,000 per accident for bodily injury
  • • $25,000 for property damage

Having the right coverage is more than just a legal requirement in Texas. It’s the only way to guarantee any level of financial security after an accident.

Get the Compensation You Deserve

With a history of getting great settlements and compensation for victims of negligent driving, David W. Starnes Attorney At Law has become the leading law firm in Beaumont and the surrounding region. Attorney David W. Starnes has over 28 years of experience and a proven track record of successful cases.

Being in a car accident is a scary ordeal. Take some of the fear out by getting a legal professional on your case. We’re looking forward to working with you.

Let us help you with expert advice and legal solutions

Get your free evaluation today